Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Look to Social Media for Good Deals

Surely if you are somewhere in between the ages of 10 and 65, you have some form of social media. Whether it is Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or Instagram- we all have some way of connecting with many people at once. Most of us don’t think about using these social media sites as way to save money though. But sure enough, there are plenty of ways to use social media to find some great deals.

The main social media site that I use when looking for inexpensive items is Facebook. The town that I am from actually has their own “yard sale page” on Facebook.  I come from a rather small town and it’s less than thirty minutes from where I go to college so I look on the page often to see if someone is selling anything that I am interested in. I also use the page to sell items that I no longer need. The site is made for locals to post items that are gently used. There are rules to follow so be sure to check those out before you join a yard sale site similar to the one I use. 



Some items that are for sale on my home town's yard sale Facebook page



Another way that I use Facebook to find bargains is by looking for pages that belong to my favorite stores. Most of the national chains that have Facebook pages don’t offer too many good deals online, but I have found that local stores will often do contests and give-a-ways. If you “like” the business’ page you will receive their status updates on your timeline and will be informed of any upcoming sales or promotions.


Some examples of give-a-ways on Facebook business pages


Some other Facebook pages that can help you save are exchange or trade pages. Some colleges and universities will set up a Facebook page for students to post and sell items such as clothes, text books, and room decorations. 

Now that you know Facebook can be useful for more than just tagging embarrassing pictures of your friends- go take a look around and see how many ways you can pinch some pennies using the social media site.

No comments:

Post a Comment