Sunday, February 24, 2013

To Splurge or Not to Splurge?


As most of you can tell from my earlier post, I do my best to avoid the mall. But this past Friday I ended up spending a couple of hours walking around in a local mall and I found myself not even being able to fathom paying some of the prices I saw.

You may be thinking “Now, Brandi- if you don’t like malls, why did you go to one?” Well, you curious readers, I took one of my good friends and teammates to a doctor’s appointment for a bone scan. For those of you who don’t know how a bone scan works (I didn’t have a clue)… my friend had to be injected with a radioactive tracer and then we had to wait three hours while the tracer made its way to her bones. We couldn’t think of anything better to do for those three hours than walk around the mall. Plus, I am in desperate need for a bathing suit since spring break is next week. 

Next week, you'll find me here.



My friend and I made our first stop in Victoria’s Secret. They had a rather small selection of bathing suits and none of them under $30 apiece. Needless to say, I wasn’t in that store for very long. We made our way to one of the few stores I do somewhat enjoy shopping at in the mall- Old Navy. I was disappointed this time though, because their cheapest suits were $15 apiece and I still couldn’t bring myself to pay that much. My friend and I stopped by a few other stores but none of them had any bathing suits at all. 

Before long, I was leaving the mall disappointed as usual. This time though, I was somewhat disappointed in myself to be honest. There are times that I believe you need to splurge. Treating yourself is okay. As hard as I try to pinch those pennies, it wouldn’t be the end of the World if I spent $30 on a bathing suit once a year. 

On the other hand though, maybe I didn’t find anything because I wasn’t meant to. Basically, there are two pointers I am trying to share by writing this post- it’s okay to splurge every now and then and also, just because you are go to the mall- it is completely okay if you leave empty handed.

1 comment:

  1. I can easily relate to this pointer! :)
    Almost every time I go shopping, even if its just to scope out what's available, I'm sticker-shocked at how pricey things are and usually skip on out of the store, especially if I don't need or have to have it. It makes my wallet a little happier :)

    ReplyDelete