Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dollar Tree Rules


Dollar Tree is my happy place.

Just to clarify, this blog post isn’t going to be a set of rules to follow when shopping at the Dollar Tree. This blog post is about why Dollar Tree rules, why you should always check the Dollar Tree first for items before going to a super store, and why I personally love the Dollar Tree.

If you’re unsure of what dollar store I am referring to, it’s not Dollar General, it’s not Family Dollar, it isn’t Big Lots…it is Dollar Tree…the store where EVERYTHING is one dollar. The Dollar Tree is an oasis for penny pinchers like me.

Just this past weekend I had an amazing opportunity to show some of my closest friends just how amazing the Dollar Tree is. In preparation for our school’s winter formal, some of my teammates/friends and I were buying some items to make mixed drinks with. Obviously, the liquor could not be purchased at the Dollar Tree…but all of the other things necessary to make mixed drinks were available to be purchased there!

Unfortunately, neither my friends nor I thought of Dollar Tree when we realized we needed to go shopping. Instead, after making our purchases at the liquor store, we made our way to Food-Lion where we bought soda, energy drinks, flavored drink mix, and water. We also needed a pitcher or some kind of container to mix and serve the drink, but sadly, we couldn’t find that at Food-Lion. Instead of going to Wal-Mart, I suggested the Dollar Tree. Sure enough, there was a pitcher…for one dollar. Oh, and guess what else was there. You guessed it…soda, energy drinks, flavored drink mix and water…& for only one dollar each.

Needless to say, my teammates were a little disappointed when they realized how much they had over spent at Food-Lion. I felt extra disappointed in myself to be honest; I should have suggested Dollar Tree from the beginning. I guess I was just excited about the night’s festivities or something. I can say with assurance though, from now on, my friends and I will always remember to check Dollar Tree first and hopefully all of you penny pinchers will too.

2 comments:

  1. You know I wish I would've thought of going to dollar tree last night when I had to buy water for that winter formal. Hmm. Oh well. I do like going to Dollar Tree every now and then.

    I don't go much because back in my home town, the Dollar Tree is on the OTHER SIDE of town, but when I'm trying to stay cheap and save money. That's the first place I will shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Brandi! i'm so glad someone else appreciates Dollar Tree and it's greatness. As a joke we bought one of those ridiculously over-sized Christmas stalkings, and still laugh about it. i Often forget that Dollar Tree has drinks and food/snacks which is really neat so thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete